Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday quickie

Most of this week I have been working on a necklace using that fabulous Glass Chevron, 30mm Round Bead from Rings & Things for a focal.

I have been eluded - this necklace taunts me so. Three times I have tried to make what is in my head and still it lays in pieces parts. This morning, once again I took it apart and tried to make something come of it. I got three beads strung, *sigh* pushed up from my table and got another cup of coffee.

It just isn't happening.

I think I know why. I have had my "Purpose Pendants" on my mind all week as well. So many different designs are rolling thru my head, it is all I want to do. I made two new ones to try and quell this new obsession so I could start on my necklace, but to no avail.

Here are the two new pendants.

Creativity
Coral, aventurine, apatite and citrine all for creativity



Balance -
Iolite and agate for balance.
The double swirl is also the celtic symbol for balance.



My shutter stuck on the last shot, and this is what it took. I think it is a fun shot

Smoookin!!!


Don't forget to check back on Monday for more updates on the Artist Exchange!

3 comments:

  1. I like the concept of your 'purpose' pendants. I can see why you are drawn to make them. You probably should keep making them while you are inspired and not worry too much about working on your other necklace until later. Inspired action is a precious thing that should be taken advantage of while it strikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I agree with Cindy! Once you find inspiration, stick with it until it's gone. You can always get back to the "normal" day to day operations, but make sure you ride the wave of true inspiration! :) These pendants are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I will admit when I get a 'bug' it consumes me. I'll keep after it!

    ReplyDelete