Friday, October 16, 2009

Blogger Recognition Award

Coming back from vacation it is tough to get back into the swing of things. Imagine my surprise this morning when I find a comment on my blog from Gold Lily, who has given me a blog recognition!

Thank you Gold Lily! I am thrilled! She has challenged me also to spread this award among bloggers, so here it goes.



When you receive this award, so must do the following 7 points:
Give thanks to whom you have received recognition for
Copy and paste the image to your blog
Put a link to the person from whom you received recognition for
List seven interesting facts about yourself
Give recognition to seven
Link to this blog


Seven things that others don't know about me? This is a fun twist. Although I am very open about who I am, I tend to keep my blog very business oriented. This gives me a chance to make it a bit more personal.
  1. My dogs are my best friends. Walking them in the mornings is my quiet time, and a time I use to prepare for my day.
  2. In my other life, I am a computer nerd and a gear head. I love mechanics and how things work. Motorcycles and cars have been a lifelong passion.
  3. I truly believe in the metaphysical properties of stones and choose my stone combination's for my pieces based on those properties.
  4. I love to laugh, my daughter makes me laff like no other.
  5. I am a work-a-holic
  6. I am red/green color blind.
  7. I despise T.V.
Now, the seven blogs who I choose to recognize? Here is a list of some of my favorite blogs. (unfortunately can't give Gold Lily this recognition back) Hopefully this challenge will allow these authors to spread the recognition and tell their readers a little more about them:

  • http://abeadaday.blogspot.com/ Lisa shows us a new bead a day and loves to interact with her readers asking their opinions on how they would work with the bead.

  • http://beadedbadgelanyards.blogspot.com/ Dawn's blog encompasses so much. Sharing her designs, information about the crafting world, and her encouragement to fellow beaders is priceless.

  • http://paperravenbks.blogspot.com/ Mark is one of my oldest dearest friends. His work thrills and motivates me.

  • http://thebusyallbee.blogspot.com/Mrs. Allbee herself shares her world with you through her photographs. You can get lost there and never be bored.

  • http://nikonsniper.blogspot.com/Stephens blog was one of the first blogs I followed. The images he posts are breath taking and provocative. I can spend hours there.

  • http://www.rings-things.com/blog/Yes this is a suppliers blog. Dave is a true spin doctor as he writes about the products at Rings & Things. They are informative and yet very personal. At times you will smack yourself in the forehead and groan at the pun, and then fall in love with this writing style, just like I did. He is truly passionate about his job.

  • http://www.sweetfigments.com/Sweet Figments is a fun blog that travels the vastness of the interwebs and brings to you interesting and fun news, pictures, contests, giveaways, and interviews of the cool stuff that is out there, just waiting to be discovered.

    Now it is your turn, spread the love and tell us who you enjoy reading!
  • 4 comments:

    1. JustATish,
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't believe how the blog has grown but you were the very first follower on my blog that was not a direct family member and I appreciate your encouragement today just as much as in the first days when only you commented on my photos.
      You know I don't write much on my blog ... I think I would rather just spend my time capturing images for others to see. I don't post awards anymore because I am horrible at all the followup rules to receiving awards due to my schedule. Awards are not nearly as important to me as seeing or hearing joy in the viewer of the photos. But, I do so appreciate your continued encouragement. That is your gift to everyone around you!
      Thanks again. God bless you.
      NikonSniper Steve

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for featuring me! I'm so glad you enjoy my daily endeavors in photographs! I am flattered! :D

      ReplyDelete
    3. - Congratulations on your award - and thanks for recognizing our blog too, Tish :) You've got me dead to rights (drew a bead on me), I can't resist puns for the life of me! Here's to many more years of blogging fun...

      --Dave

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh, thank you Tish! You are so sweet! Your descriptions of all these sites is so heartfelt and fun, this is why bloggers keep coming back to this community, for fun people like you to commune with! :) Have a great weekend! Lisa C., www.abeadaday.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete