Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shoulda Coulda - Peridot necklace

I wanted to submit this piece to Bead Trends for August 2010 issue. Being peridot is the birthstone, I thought it would be an appropriate submission. But too many things got in the way and I didn't get it finished til this morning.

2 strands of peridot chips
1 strand of white and green seed beads
1 strand of copper hand wound links, lamp work, swarovski crystals and seed beads
1 strand peridot, green quartz, rose quartz, and seed beads


Here is a close up -



The color choices of the necklace are brought out by the lampwork beads, the stone combination is a no brainer.

Peridot is the stone of compassion. It has a friendly energy and is excellent for healing. It assists in rebirth and renewal of all kinds. Peridot also bring abundance and prosperity. It enhances the healing and harmony of relationships of all kinds, but particularly marriage. Peridot can lessen stress in relationships, anger and jealousy.

Rose quartz is the stone of unconditional love. The elevated energy of quartz gives rose quartz a property of enhancing love in virtually any situation. It also brings gentleness, forgiveness, and tolerance.

Even tho I had intended it for August to celebrate the birthstone, the stone combination's brings love and forgiveness all year long, that is way better than just one month :)

2 comments:

  1. Soo pretty! I just recently started loving my birthstone (peridot). And I love how you pair it with rose quartz.

    I can imagine myself wearing it with a white summer dress. Ahh... I can't wait for summer to begin. Though, when summer starts, I'll be wanting winter. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely, as usual. I love the colors, even the pink contrasting with the green. This coming from someone who doesn't think pink should exist as a color...

    ReplyDelete