Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wrap it up - I'll take it!

Got a request for a couple 'purpose pendants'. I love making these. The whole process is very therapeutic to me.

This first one, the customer wanted a pendulum for a friend, wanted it simple, and it was for a 'pisces'. The research began. I found that pisces are imaginative and sensitive, compassionate and kind, selfless and unworldly, and intuitive and sympathetic. Sounds like jasper to me :)

I used jasper and iolite for this pendulum. Jasper - nurturing stone, bringer of joy. Iolite - awakens inner knowledge, gives direction. Silver - energized the stones



This request was a bit more difficult. This customer has a family member who is battling cancer. She wanted a pendant that would keep them focused and positive. Recovery from anything is sped up with positive thinking and staying focused on a goal. Treat the patient, mind body and soul.

silver energizes the stones
tibetan quartz - healing and meditation
azurite/malachite change, rebirth, cleansing. Healing lore - prevents cancer
agate balance of mind/body/soul. Healing lore - heals stomach issues
lepidolite hope peace, stone of transition. Healing lore -helps the immune system




Fun pair of copper earrings I made this morning to go with the necklace I was wearing. I created the large links by wrapping 14 ga copper around my ring mandrel. Then I hammered the links to strengthen, flatten and texturize the copper. Then I had to deal with the break in the link. I have my torch, but that is as far as I have gotten. Still need flux, copper solder, pickling solution, tumbler.........

So I did the next best thing. I call it a weld wrap :) I just wrap the link with a smaller ga wire, here I used 22 ga, so it covers the gap of the loop, and then give it a good mash with my pliers. Decorative and functional!


This was my morning, between cups of coffee, cleaning up after the cat, wearing out the dogs and laundry - i am ready for a nap :)

1 comment: