Monday, February 15, 2010

Queen of Hearts Furnace Glass - Art Beads challenge

While working on the necklace from yesterday's post, (which I wore out last nite and got a lot of compliments!! ) I noticed the Queen of Hearts furnace beads* holes were not consistent. The holes varied, small to large, from bead to bead. I used the TOHO™ Bead Round 6/0 Opaque-Lustered Pearl White * as 'bumpers' to keep the beads from sliding down the seed beads (which gives me an idea for another necklace)

That got me to thinking - I wonder if they will fit on leather....

So I tried it, and yup sure enuff - they fit.

I cut three pieces of leather and knotted before and after each bead. Then folded the ends thru a jump ring and wrapped them in place with some silver plated wire I had. Next I braided the leather to jumble it up some.

Added the Antique Silver Heart Scroll Bead as a dangle by wire wrapping them to the bracelet with silver plated head pins.



Even tho it has hearts, and red - I don't feel it screams Valentines day. To me , it is more of a style that says you got a bit of heart under there, and if people would just give you a chance you could show just how big that heart is.

These beads and more can be found at ArtBeads.com, and while you are browsing, Don't forget -

Artbeads' 10th Anniversary Sweeps

Sweepstakes Starts January 06, 2010 @ 09:00 am (PST)
Sweepstakes Ends March 04, 2010 @ 11:59 pm (PST)

Artbeads.com $1,000 Shopping Spree Sweepstakes

Good luck and happy shopping!!


*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Art Beads were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blogging for Beaders Program. These items are for review or design purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment