Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines day - The Art Beads Way!

I showed you the fun beads I received from ArtBeads in this previous post and this morning I found the time I have been looking for all week to sit down and create. I fell in love with the Queen of Hearts Fire Design Furnace Glass* as soon as I laid eyes on their shiney cylindrical goodness and used them for the bulk of this design.

I combined two strands by double stringing random beads with the beading wire. What this means is, I strung the first strand randomly, then as I strung the second strand, I would run the wire thru a few of the beads of the first strand and then continue to string it randomly as well. The third strand I weaved (wove?) thru the 'loops' made from the double stringing. These three strands were a random mix of the Queen of Hearts furnace glass* , along with beads I had purchased from ArtBeads 4mm Fire Polish Mix Red Tones (50 Pack), TOHO™ Bead Round 6/0 Opaque-Lustered Pearl White 8g Bag, and added some great accent beads from my inventory - red Czech glass, sterling daisies, Czech black glass, and a black designer seed bead mix.

I added two separate red strands of seed beads, one I weaved thru the gaps again, and the second I made a bit shorter to show off the Sterling/Resin 16mm Pendant - Red XOXO Flowers*
The pendant is attached to the necklace with a jump ring making it easy to detach if I want something less 'valentiney' and more basic. I love the versatility of it.

With the tangle and the firey reds and the smokey grays - it reminds me of a firey love affair. So I have named it - Torrid Tangle - which seems to be fitting.




I am working on earrings and a bracelet using the Queen of Hearts collection from the selection of Fire Designs collection of furnace beads at ArtBeads. I'll show you those tomorrow!


These beads and more can be found at ArtBeads.com, and while you are browsing, Don't forget -

Artbeads' 10th Anniversary Sweeps

Sweepstakes Starts January 06, 2010 @ 09:00 am (PST)
Sweepstakes Ends March 04, 2010 @ 11:59 pm (PST)

Artbeads.com $1,000 Shopping Spree Sweepstakes

Good luck and happy shopping!!


*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Art Beads were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blogging for Beaders Program. These items are for review or design purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment